WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO PROVIDE IN ORDER FOR MY CHILD TO REGISTER?
For T-ball and Coach Pitch Divisions ONLY, you must provide the following:
- Medical Release Form. This form is provided by Yakima National Little League and you are NOT required to take your child to your regular physician. You can find this form in the Forms tab above.
For Minor, Major & Junior Divisions ONLY, you must provide the following:
- Copy of your child’s Birth Certificate;
- Medical Release Form; (this is a form provided by Yakima National Little League and you are NOT required to go to a regular physician for a physical) You can find this form in the Forms tab above.
- Proof of Residence Documentation. There are 2 ways you can provide proof of residency:
- School Enrollment Form. Form must be taken to your child’s school and be signed by a school official. This form can be found in the Forms tab above.
- Three Alternate Forms of Proof. Please refer to the “Residency Checklist” located in the Forms tab above. To obtain (3) three proofs of residency correctly, you must choose (1) one from each group and submit. For Group 2, if you have a water bill, this will be accepted as a municipal record. Please make sure all documentation you submit, has the correct address of where the child resides.
WHAT ARE THE AGES FOR EACH DIVISION?
The Division Ages Are:
T-Ball 4 – 5 years old
Coach-Pitch 6 – 8 years old (8-year olds MUST attend an evaluation try-out when scheduled)
Minors 8 -10 years old
Majors 10 -12 years old
Juniors 12 -14 years old
CAN MY CHILD “PLAY UP” OR “PLAY DOWN” IN A DIVISION?
Yes. A player may “play up” or “play down” a division based on experience and skill level. If you would like your child to play down, this will be a decision that is made by the President & Player Agent.
Playing Down: If a parent believes the child is not ready, the Player Agent will look into the safety concerns of the child before making a determination on having the child play down. ALL 8 year old’s MUST attend an evaluation try-out date. No 8-year-old will be placed on a Coach Pitch team without being evaluated. Safety is our #1 priority.
A child that is age 9-14 will NOT play at a Coach Pitch or T-ball level. This is an extreme safety hazard and will NOT be allowed.
IS THERE FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE?
Yes. We do not want cost to stop anyone from being able to play. There is a grant called the T-Mobile Call Up Grant, which is provided in partnership with Little League International, to provide scholarships for any player in need. For more information or to apply, please visit https://www.littleleague.org/call-up-grant-program/
DO I HAVE TO ATTEND AN EVALUATION DAY?
All players in the MINOR and MAJOR Divisions as well as all 8 year old’s who are possibly “playing down” MUST attend at least one of the evaluation dates. All players who are evaluated will be placed on a team, regardless of experience or skill level. The purpose of evaluations is to ensure that teams are evenly picked.
T-BALL and COACH-PITCH players are automatically placed on teams without evaluation. 8 year old’s who could potentially “play down” must attend 1 evaluation scheduled date.
WHEN WILL THE SEASON START?
Practices start in March. Season runs from April till the end of May.
WHERE ARE THE GAMES PLAYED?
The Yakima National Little League plays all its games at Elks Park, located at 911 Hathaway St. At times, the Minor or Major Division teams may travel to a designated little league park to play against another league. This may include Upper Valley Little League, Selah National Little League and/or East Valley Little League.
HOW TO I BECOME A COACH?
All Managers and Coaches are volunteers. No experience necessary. All equipment as well as training will be provided. As a volunteer, anyone interested in coaching must fill out the Volunteer Application Form found on the Forms tab above. Please note that by signing the Volunteer Application Form, you authorize the league to perform a mandatory background check.
WHY DO I NEED A BACKGROUND CHECK TO BECOME A MANAGER, COACH OR VOLUNTEER?
Everyone who is interested in volunteering with the Yakima National Little League in any capacity must pass a mandatory background check in accordance with the Little League International rules.